DATE POSTED: July 26 2018
JOB STATUS: EXEMPT
JOB LOCATION: Kauai Veterans Memorial Hospital – Kauai, Hawaii
FUNCTION: This position is located in the Administration – Medical Services at Kauai Veterans Memorial benefit corporation of the State of Hawaii operating nine (9) facilities statewide.
The primary purpose of the Physician Informaticist is to develop EHR (Electronic Health Record) application training in one-on-one and group settings for physicians. This position will develop and successfully deliver learning solutions across the organization in order to improve efficiency and promote business objectives. As a regional position there will be a need to travel between facilities as needed.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of medicine with a degree of Doctor of Medicine and completion of an internship at a recognized institution.
- Two (2) years of professional experience as a practicing physician. Clinical management experience preferred.
- Certification: Possession of BLS and ACLS at time of hire. Board certification by appropriate certification organization is required within three years of employment unless specifically
- Physician shall be duly licensed and qualified as a doctor of medicine to practice medicine in the State, and shall be approved for Active Staff membership and clinical privileges on the Medical Staff of the Hospital in accordance with the Hospital’s Medical Staff bylaws and Rules and Regulations. Physician shall also be approved for, and maintain throughout the term of this Agreement, Active Medical Staff membership and appropriate clinical privileges at the Hospital. Physician is further required to maintain membership in good standing in Kauai Medical Associates, an independent physician association.
- Licensure: Possession of a current license to practice medicine in the State of Hawaii. Current registration with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and a current State Controlled Substance license from the State of Hawaii Department of Public Safety’s (DPS) Narcotics Enforcement Division (NED).exempted by the RCEO.
HOW TO APPLY: Please complete our HHSC Employment Application form even if you are submitting your RESUME.
- Recruitment posting are continuous until needs are met
- All job vacancies will be posted for a minimum of ten (10) calendar days
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
For additional information, call (808) 823.4116 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must have been of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of this position. Provide a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities. If you worked on a part-time basis, indicate the average number of hours worked per week. Please note that experience will be based on a 40-hour workweek. Note: We will not postpone the recruitment process because of your failure to provide accurate and complete information concerning your qualifications.
MERIT OR CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM: You must meet the minimum qualification requirements, including education, experience, other public employment requirements for State Civil Service employment, and HHSC Standards of Fitness. Only those applicants that are scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager will be contacted. Applications will be kept active for six (6) months.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at the time of appointment will be required to become a Hawaii resident within a reasonable time from hire.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD214 and/or other substantiating documents specifying the periods of your service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to physically and mentally perform efficiently the duties of the position. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be conditioned on the results of a complete physical examination, which includes a drug screening. For certain job categories, applicants may be referred to an HHSC-designated physician, rather than the applicant’s personal physician of choice. The cost for all physical examinations, except the cost for the drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation shall bear the cost of the drug screening.
CRIMINAL/BACKGROUND, CREDENTIALING CHECKS: Applicable checks will be conducted periodically and any associated costs may be borne by the applicant. If a job offer is made or employment is begun prior to completion of all applicable checks, any offer of employment or continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory return of all required checks.
HOW TO APPLY: Please complete and submit our HHSC Employment Application. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with the hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications. Applications received for positions with “Continuous Recruitment Until Needs are Met” will be accepted as long as there are vacancies. Inactive/filled announcements will be taken off the HHSC website.
STEPS TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW, SUBSEQUENT APPEALS: If you do not agree with a decision made by the Employment Office as to your non-qualification or non-selection for a position, you may complete a Request for Administrative Review form or you may submit a written request within twenty (20) days from the date of your sent notice to the Regional Chief Executive Officer/Designee. Your letter requesting the Administrative Review must include 1. The job title(s) and recruitment number(s), 2. the specific reason(s) you are requesting the review noting if there is a statute or rule violation, and 3. any additional information you want to submit to substantiate your request. If you do not submit your request within the twenty (20) days deadline, no Administrative Review will be conducted. Since the Administrative Review is a prerequisite to subsequent steps, failure to utilize this process will make you ineligible for subsequent appeals. The administrative review, formal complaint and/or appeals hearing will not necessarily postpone the recruitment process and/or rescind a selection. If you do not agree with the Administrative Review, you may file a Formal Complaint and then, if you are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the HHSC Merit Appeals Board.
The Kauai Regional Office of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is located at Kauai Veterans Memorial Hospital, 4643 Waimea Canyon Road, Waimea, HI 96796. For employment opportunities, please click on this link. For additional information, call (808) 823.4116 or e-mail email@example.com.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT (808) 823.4116 (TTD/TTY) OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com